The UF Office of Research has announced the 2012 Research Opportunity Seed Fund competition. This program targets interdisciplinary, collaborative research initiatives that have potential for extramural support. Opportunity Fund awards are intended to support new projects (not a supplement to current research). Proposals must involve faculty from at least two departments/units/colleges. Awards will be limited to $100,000 for the entire project period (two years).
The College of Medicine can submit a maximum of 10 proposals for this campus-wide competition. As such, the College of Medicine Office of Research Affairs is conducting an internal selection via a two stage process:
Stage 1. Letters of Intent – due Tuesday, November 1st, 2011
- One page technical summary inclusive of a title and a description of the interdisciplinary, collaborative nature of the project
- Current NIH biosketch for each investigator
- Submit electronically as a single pdf to our sharepoint site following directions below
To submit file via sharepoint:
- Open the following link:
- For user name, type in “UFAD\ (backslash) and your Gatorlink username” (example: UFAD\ScoobyDoo) and then enter your Gatorlink password.
- Click on “add document” to upload your document.
If you have any questions, please contact Heather Voet (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applicants will be notified of the Stage 1 review results on or around November 9th, 2011. Approximately 20 selected applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal for Stage 2 of the College of Medicine’s internal selection process.
Stage 2. Invited full proposals will be due Monday, December 12th, 2011. These proposals will be internally reviewed, and 10 will be chosen and submitted to the UF Office of Research to compete in the campus-wide competition.