The intent of this grant mechanism is to foster collaborations between the UF Health Cancer Center (UFHCC), UFHCC-Orlando Health (OH), and UF Proton Therapy Institute (UFPTI) cancer researchers. Such interactions can bring new and exciting directions and focus to an individual’s or a group’s research.
The goals of this collaborative team grant program are to:
- Support a broadly based, multi-disciplinary research program with a well-defined major objective or theme;
- Create synergies and collaborations between UFHCC, OH, and UFPTI cancer researchers;
- Stimulate applications for future program-type federal or national extramural funding;
- Address research questions that can only be accomplished through collaborations, networks, and consortia;
- Develop strong inter-institutional clinical research collaborations.
The deadline for receipt of Letters of Intent is October 15, 2014. These will be reviewed and promising proposals will be solicited for a full proposal.
The deadline for receipt of full Proposals is November 21, 2014.
A review committee will be established to review submissions. The committee will be composed predominantly of members of the Coordinating Committee, supplemented by Subcommittee members, OH faculty and UFPTI faculty. Approval of funds will occur at the December Coordinating Committee meeting with initiation of projects after January 1.
Submit letters of intent and applications to:
- Dr. Paul Okunieff at email@example.com or mail to PO Box 103633, Gainesville, FL 32610 and
- Diane Gebhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orlando Health and UFPTI must also send copies of applications and reports to their site leader/director.
AWARD AMOUNT & DURATION
It is anticipated that up to 5 proposals will be funded, pending the quality of science and availability of funds. The maximum award for these team grants is $70,000 direct cost each. No IDC allowed. The award is for a period of one year with the expectation that all the funds will be expended during that term. Team projects must involve at least two project sites from among UF, OH and UFPTI. The funds are encouraged to be divided equally between the sites.
Please visit our website for additional information: http://cancer.ufl.edu