The UF Informatics Institute (UFII) invites interdisciplinary, faculty-initiated research projects with potential for extramural support for the second round of the Seed Fund Program.
Projects should be innovative, support the mission and goals of the Informatics Institute, and have strong potential for garnering future funding from external sources. Seed Funds are not intended to support on-going projects – they should support new projects (not a supplement to current research) and focus on new collaborative partnerships. Projects should be ‘shovel-ready’, meaning seed funds will be used to produce proof-of concept data and nearly ready to deploy analytical techniques and technologies that can be used to obtain extramural funding.
Projects should be related to information representation/analysis/mining in any discipline of research. As a guide, the UFII is loosely organized into the following five thematic areas of:
- Core Data Science and Informatics Techniques and Technologies
- Biomedical and Life Science Informatics and Big Data Analytics
- Informatics and Big Data Analytics for Engineered Systems and the Physical Sciences
- Informatics and Big Data Analytics in Social Science, Humanities and Education
- Informatics and Big Data Analytics in Agricultural Science
For details refer to https://informatics.research.ufl.edu/homepage-2/about-us.html
For questions regarding the solicitation, please contact: