The Executive Leadership, Program Directors and Council/Committee members of the NCI-funded “Florida Minority Cancer Research & Training (MiCaRT) Center” are pleased to announce the grand opening of the MiCaRT Center, February 16-20, at University of Florida.
Visit https://micart.cancer.ufl.edu for more information about the week’s grand opening activities. Highlights of the event include:
- Breakfast & Informational Session @ HPNP on Feb 16.
- Dinner & Prostate Cancer Disparities Research Retreat @ HPNP on Feb 17.
- Lunch & Cancer Health Disparities Research Showcase (poster presentations) for UF and FAMU investigators @ CGRC on Feb 18.
- Virtual Open House on Feb 19.
- Lunch & Distinguished Lecture by renowned breast cancer scientist, Dr. Olufunmilayo Olopade (University of Chicago), @ CGRC on Feb 20.
Monday, Feb 17, 4:00pm – 5:00pm:
Dr. Camille Ragin (Investigating Prostate Cancer Risk in Black men: What Really Matters?)
Tuesday, Feb 18, 11:00am – 12:30pm:
Dr. Clayton Yates (Impact of Epigenetic Regulators on the Outcome of African American Prostate & Breast Cancer Patients)
Friday, Feb 20, 11:30am – 1:30pm:
Dr. Olufunmilayo Olopade (Precision Medicine for All)