The College of Medicine bridge funding program is designed for researchers who have an unexpected gap in their NIH research funding portfolio. It is open to full-time COM-Gainesville faculty members who have submitted an application to the NIH and received a score within 20 percentile points of the Institute’s funded percentile. Applicants must have a scored, pending application in the most recent cycle to be eligible for this program.
To be considered, please submit the following via email to Todd Barnash (email@example.com):
- The budget pages for the final year of the previously funded grant.
- Agency contract number and name of the unfunded grant.
- Amount of bridge funding requested (maximum of $50K) and the allocation (personnel, equipment maintenance or service contracts, supplies, etc…).
- Requested start and end dates for bridge support (maximum of one year).
- Copy of the unfunded grant application and the scientific reviews/scores from the study section.
- The anticipated schedule for reapplication.
- A letter from the PI’s Chair indicating the amount of departmental matching funds and support from other funds.