Request for Proposals
The Thomas H. Maren Junior Investigators Fund provides seed money for promising postdoctoral fellows in the College of Medicine. Award amount is $25,000 per year for two years (2nd year contingent on 1st year progress).
- Must be a postdoctoral fellow (with a PhD and/or MD) with a full-time research assignment in a College of Medicine department
- Must have no more than three (3) years of cumulative postdoctoral training at the time of LOI submission (including postdoctoral training at other institutions)
- Must have demonstrated productivity as a postdoctoral fellow (e.g., awards, presentations, publications)
- Mentor must have ample resources to support the proposed project
1. Submit Letter of Intent (LOI) package as a single PDF document no later than 5pm on Monday, Sept. 26, 2016.
LOI package should include:
- One page letter of intent (LOI) with name of candidate, current department, mentor name, date of hire, as well as a brief summary of proposed project (300 word maximum)
- Postdoctoral fellow’s current NIH biosketch
- Mentor’s current NIH biosketch
2. LOIs will be reviewed, and up to ten (10) full proposals will be invited on or around October 12, 2016. Invited full proposals will be due on or around December 7, 2016.