News & Events
- Office of Research Guidance on Foreign Activity Disclosure Requirements
August 6, 2019
To: All UF Faculty From: David P. Norton, Vice President for Research The University of Florida is deeply committed to and strongly encourages international research, collaboration, and scholarship....
- Bankhead – Coley Cancer Research Program 2019-2020
July 5, 2019
The Florida Department of Health has released the call for grant applications for the 2019-2020 Bankhead-Coley Cancer Research Program. The purpose of this program is to advance progress towards cures...
- James and Esther King Biomedical Research Program 2019-2020
July 5, 2019
The Florida Department of Health has released the call for grant applications for the 2019-2020 James and Esther King Biomedical Research Program. The purpose of this program is to support […]
- NIH Update: Cumulative Investigator Rate, Sample Applications, Revamped eRA Website, and more
May 7, 2019
Open Mike NIH Inclusion Data by Research and Disease Category Now Available By Janine Clayton, Dawn Corbett, Marie Bernard, and Mike Lauer For over two decades, NIH has required researchers […]
- NIH revoked funding from 14 scientists over sexual harassment last year
March 1, 2019
The US National Institutes of Health (NIH) investigated more than two dozen allegations of sexual harassment last year against scientists whose work it supports, the agency said on 28 February....
- US Continues Concern over Foreign Threats to Biomedical Research
February 1, 2019
A NYT article reported on the Trump Administration and NIH’s concern over “foreign influences on research integrity.” AAMC Chief Scientific Officer Ross McKinney, MD, discussed the...
- NY Times: Why the Medical Research Grant System Could Be Costing Us Great Ideas
- Further Refining Case Studies and FAQs about the NIH Definition of a Clinical Trial
- Engaging Basic Scientists in Translational Research
- More on the Top 20 (Percent in Total Funding) – from the NIH Extramural Nexus blog
- Opportunities for research and NIH. Francis Collins, M.D., Ph.D., NIH Director. Science. 2010 Jan 1;327(5961):36-7.
- Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty
- Premature release of data from clinical trials of ezetimibe
- The Grant Application Writer’s Workbook