News & Events
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Information for NIH Applicants and Recipients of NIH Funding
March 17, 2020
The NIH is deeply concerned for the health and safety of people involved in NIH research, and about the effects on the biomedical enterprise in the areas affected by the […]
- NIH LATE APPLICATION POLICY Due to Public Health Emergency for United States for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
March 12, 2020
https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-20-082.html Purpose It is likely that the emergency declaration related to novel coronavirus (COVID-19) will adversely affect some NIH...
- New Institutional Training Requirement for NIH funded Clinical Trials, Effective 12/05/2019
December 4, 2019
NIH Policy NOT-OD-16-148 (https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/not-od-16-148.html) requires all NIH-funded investigators and staff who are involved in the conduct, oversight, or management...
- NIH Frequently Asked Questions – Other Support and Foreign Components
November 15, 2019
Please see this page that lists a number of frequently asked questions regarding Other Support and Foreign Components from the NIH....
- OSTP Sends Open Letter to US Research Community on Foreign Influence Concerns
September 23, 2019
On September 16, Kelvin Droegemeier, PhD, Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) publicly issued a letter to the US research community on efforts to […]
- New EndNote Licenses Available for 2019-20
September 10, 2019
EndNote Premium X9 licenses can now be purchased by UF departments for faculty, students, and staff use at reduced cost through UFIT. The popular software makes managing research extremely efficient,...
- NY Times: Why the Medical Research Grant System Could Be Costing Us Great Ideas
- Further Refining Case Studies and FAQs about the NIH Definition of a Clinical Trial
- Engaging Basic Scientists in Translational Research
- More on the Top 20 (Percent in Total Funding) – from the NIH Extramural Nexus blog
- Opportunities for research and NIH. Francis Collins, M.D., Ph.D., NIH Director. Science. 2010 Jan 1;327(5961):36-7.
- Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty
- Premature release of data from clinical trials of ezetimibe
- The Grant Application Writer’s Workbook