The Office of Research Affairs oversees space administration within the College of Medicine, which includes space assignment, allocation, and management.
Space Utilization Monitoring
- The Office of Research Affairs maintains a detailed inventory of open and underutilized space through monthly monitoring according to the principles described in the Space Charter.
- The Office of Research Affairs is alerted when a faculty member leaves. Once it happens, faculty member’s assigned space automatically moves to a Space Reserve supervised by the Office of Research Affairs.
- Department administration of the faculty member will be notified via email within 2 business days of the space movement and open inventory review process.
- To assign vacated Open Inventory space to another faculty member, Department chair should submit a Space Request for Space Committee review as described below.
Procedure for Assigning a Space
- Space Request— Fill out the electronic space request form below documenting the needs for space (e.g. space for new faculty or re-allocation of current space for existing faculty) and your justification. Please try to submit your requests as early as possible. The entire space review process may take up to 2 months.
- Evaluation— The Office of Research Affairs will review your request, collect necessary data and present it to the Space Committee. We will notify you within 2 business days of the next Space Committee Meeting where your request will be discussed. We will also let you know if we need additional information to properly review your space request. The Office of Research Affairs will review all requests in the order they are received.
- Space Committee Review– The Space Committee will evaluate both current space and future needs of the requesting Department, Center or Institute within the College of Medicine. The decision will be made in the form of recommendation, approval, modification or denial of request. The final decision for all space assignments and renovations will be granted by the College of Medicine Dean and Senior Associate Dean for Research.
- Review Decision— The requesting group, department chair, department administrator as well as the building coordinator, will be notified of the final decision by Office of Research Affairs Space Administrator within 2 business days. Department chairs and Center or Institute directors can submit an appeal request regarding decision made on space allocation through an online form below within 30 days of the decision letter.
If you have any questions or didn’t find the information you were looking for, please contact us at COMResearchfirstname.lastname@example.org
Space Request Forms
Please use this form to complete your request for research space. For questions, please contact COMResearchemail@example.com
Please use this form to complete your request for making any changes to research space. For questions, please contact COMResearchfirstname.lastname@example.org